Summer is a glorious time of sun, sea and skin that’s not the colour it was in Winter! Every Summer I used to find myself totally mind boggled about what to slap on my face. Tanning, either sunless or with the real deal (naughty) presents some problems in the make-up department. You simply can’t rely on your ‘winter’ face to work in summer, as the colours, the lighting – well just about everything is different in the warmer months. Introducing the summer mixology – otherwise known as – get your bases out and have a good mix up! After a lot of playing around, here’s my guide to what to coat ones skin with, during the toasty tanned phase our skin goes through…. (more…)
Check out what the wonderful Beauty Blogazons have been up to this week in the weekly round up of awesome posts! Happy Sunday! I’ll be back next week with lot’s more beauty filled posts!!
- TheFabZilla: Check out what Kathryne from TheFabZilla wore for her big day last 7/4. It’s back to back FOTD and OOTD
- Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog: Just Organic Skincare Pure Hyaluronic Lifting Mask System is exactly what the warm weather calls for, if you want lusciously hydrated skin!
- Never Say Die Beauty: Allison adds 2 of the new Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadows to her growing collection
- Glamorable!: Find out how Glamorable is keeping her makeup light this summer with these new drugstore must-haves.
- Fluttering Lashes: For a summer holiday packed with adventure, first you’ve got to learn how to pack!
- Color Me So Crazy: Check out how I beautified for the 100th episode of Pretty Little Liars!
- Beauty by Miss L: Are Byphassse Makeup Remover Wipes any good?
- beautyXposé: We all know that your hair and skin need a little extra TLC in the Winter, but don’t forget about the importance of Summer moisturizers. Kristin rounds up her favorites after the click.
- New World Beautiful: Black Soap: It made my skin a red, raw mess, but still I went back for more
The problem with beginning your holiday packing a whole two weeks early, is that you have a whole two weeks to pack, re-pack, forget what you’ve packed, and then pack some more. Ultimately resulting in an over stuffed suit case and a hefty bill to pay once you get to the airport. Not the happiest of news to receive at 6am. Still, I feel that with every trip I get better at packing. Whilst I may have over packed, I didn’t forget anything, and that’s the most important thing! Or at least that’s what I’m telling myself. (more…)
Every girl should own something from Chanel. Whilst I’m not talking about forking over half a year’s salary for a handbag, a dabble into the beauty range will give you the buzz of owning a luxury item, without the luxury price tag. Okay, so it will cost you more than your drugstore make-up kick- but sometimes luxury is totally worth it! (more…)
No word of a lie – every time I have used this combo of products I have a minimum of one compliment a day on how good I smell! For real. I don’t want to brag, but I must clearly smell dreamy when I use these *wink.* Ladies and gents, let me introduce my new obsession for summer – Bath & Body Works, Endless Weekend Shower Gel and Oahu Coconut Sunset triple moisturiser. (more…)