Here’s the thing. I’m pretty addicted to cake – and beauty products. So when Molton Brown released the new Gourmand collection, it was like cake and cosmetics had a baby….and that baby was freakin’ adorable. I’m not going to lie and tell you that if you grab yourself a piece of the new Gourmand Collection you won’t want to eat cake – you will. But imagine, just for a second that you could smell oh so delicious, like the drool-worthy masterpieces in that patisserie you love. All I’m saying is, I’d like to be squished next to you on the tube.
I’m currently loving the exquisite vanilla and violet flower scent from the new collection. Inspired by Somerset where rolling green hills meet violet quillets, this scent is really lovely and ideal for those who like sweeter fragrances. Imagine aromas of delicate violet flower for nostalgia, exquisitely contrasted with creamy Madagascan Vanilla. The great thing about the Molton Brown fragrances is that the scent lasts and when you burn the candle, it actually smells of something, unlike many others I’ve bought in the past.
THE GOURMAND COLLECTION FRAGRANCE
This sumptuous fragrance opens on fresh violet leaf and dewy freesia tonalities. Violet is magnified by a rich bouquet of orris and rose lingering into a sensuous base where swirls of vanilla take the lead on a bed of tonka and musk – CHRISTIAN PLESCH, Master Perfumer
Once Molton Brown came up with their deliciously scented new fragrances, they teamed up with Executive Pastry Chef Sarah Barber to come up with a one-of-a-kind dessert to represent the scent. A Vanilla & Violet Éclair filled with a fragrant mousse was expertly whipped up and it looks amazing.
VANILLA & VIOLET MOUSSE
- 100g whole milk
- 300g whipping cream
- 2 vanilla pods
- 1g violet essence
- 60g egg yolks
- 30g castor sugar
- 5g gelatine leaf (soaked in cold water for 5 minutes)
- Cut the vanilla pods then scrape the seeds into the milk with 100g of whipping cream and violet essence, bring to the boil.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together, then pour over the boiling liquid and stir well.
- Return mixture to the heat and with a spatula, stir constantly. Cook to 78°C.
- Remove from the heat, add the soaked gelatine and stir well. Cool in an ice bath to 20°C.
- Whisk 200g of whipping cream to a soft peak, and fold the mixture through the cream and refrigerate to set.
As well as the Exquisite Vanilla and Violet Flower scent, the Gourmand Collection is also made up of Delicious Rhubarb & Rose, as well as Comice Pear and Wild Honey. I’m guessing right about now you would like to face-plant into some cake… or be slathering on one of these scents, or both! There’s just so much to love about this new collection.