When you hear that a product has been ‘flying off the shelves’ due to it’s Hollywood connections, you know this gal’s gotta try it. I actually bought the Glam Glow Youth Mud mask quite a while ago, and I’ve had it stashed away, reluctant to try it in case it was so wonderful I would vow never to live without it, and for £49.99 for 50ml, that’s quite a vow. I finally took the plunge, and opened this little pot of skin beautifying promise, ready to fall in love.
The mask is indeed muddy in appearance with flecks of what I assumed was seaweed, or at least something resembling that. As it dries on your skin it slowly turns white. FYI: you will not look good whilst using this. Check out the below pictures for proof. Still who cares, if you look amazing after, right?
The mask tingles A LOT and if you have hyper sensitive skin you should definitely do a patch test before using this, in case it irritates your skin too much.
As per the Glam Glow website;
There’s nothing YOUTHMUD doesn’t do – feel the tingle as it works its magic on your skin:
- Skin Collagen Synthesis for a noticeable 3 day glow.
- Brighter, radiant skin in minutes.
- Leaves skin noticeably soft and smooth.
- Multi-level resurfacing exfoliation.
- Penetrates into the deepest layers of the skin to soften fine lines and wrinkles.
- Tightens, tones and lifts the skin.
- Relives dark circles and minimises pores.
- Absorbs impurities without removing natural oils.
- Helps protect against everyday environmental aggressors.
- Suitable for all skin types, all ages and for both women and men.
- Contains no artificial colours or fragrances.
- 99% paraben-free, cruelty-free, and suitable for vegans.
Sadly, I don’t think it really did much for my skin at all. Yes, it was soft after, but I don’t think it was really ‘glowing’ or looked so much better for having used this mask. It definitely didn’t WOW me as much as REN’S Glycolactic Radiance Renewal mask. Truth be told, I didn’t even get one compliment (my ultimate proof a product is good) after using this. Unlike when I use the REN mask, and if I do say so myself *cough, cough*….. I got quite a few ‘great skin’ compliments!
Those who love this product are probably shouting at their screens right now, but for me, I didn’t love it. Sorry. I just really don’t think it’s worthy of the hefty price tag.
Have you tried Glam Glow? What did you think?