They say “a good workman never blames his tools,” but make-up is definitely one of those things where we need great tools, and plenty of em.
Here’s my list of the tools you need!
- Sponges: It’s always a good idea to have a variety of sponges on hand, for the time when you don’t want, or don’t like the look of make-up applied with a brush or your fingertips. The Beauty Blender is one of my faves.
- Tweezers: Not only do you need tweezers for obvious reasons, they are also great for applying eyelashes. My favorite are the LA TWEEZ, that come in a compact with a little light and mirror. What more could you want.
- Brushes: This one is obvious, but you’d be surprised at how many people don’t have good brushes and then wonder why their eye or face make-up doesn’t look good. I’m still loving Real Techniques brushes which are a great price, and amazing quality. Plus they’re cruelty free!
- Eyelash curlers: Curl those lashes occasionally for extra wow factor, and added glamor to your peepers.
- Scissors: Say what now? Yep, you need these for trimming eyebrows, serious, and also for snipping eyelashes to the perfect length.
- Mini sponge: I love this Bobbi Brown one for when I apply liquid liner. I rest this on the face, to create a steady hand and perfect line.
- Sharpener: This one is essential for every gal. Ever tried applying eyeliner with a blunt pencil? Ouchy.
In addition to my essential kit above, I would also add eyelash applicators which are popping up everywhere- I’ve seen them in Boots and CVS. I used to have some but sadly the chihuahuas were on a mission to destroy them, and they succeeded. Bits of plastic everywhere. I was one unhappy workman I’ll tell ya.